|HOME||INDUSTRIA NAVAL||METALMECÁNICA||GRANDES OBRAS||INSTITUCIONAL||news||Asocianiones||Contacto|
140 YEARS OF HISTORY
CINAR (Argentine Naval Industrial Complex) was created on May, 17th 2010, Argentine Navy day, when the former Ministry of Defence, Nilda Garré, strategically decided to merge the two shipyards TANDANOR and Almirante Storni working together in shipbuilding, repair, conversion and recently in the metallurgical industry. On March, 30th 2007, during the Presidency of Néstor Kirchner, Tandanor was renationalized by decree declaring the absolute nullity of the privatization that took place during the previous decade. As a recognition for the hard work to keep the company working, the workers received 10% of the shipyard shares.
However, the history of this shipyard, owner of a huge international prestige, dates back to over 130 years when in November 18, 1879, President Nicolas Avellaneda put into operation Talleres Navales de Marina for the maintenance of the navy´s ships.
ARSENAL NAVAL BS. AS.
In 1901 the first milestone occurs in the history of the shipyard when the fine tunning works of the ship ANTARCTIC - a Swedish expedition ship headed to the south pole- were made. Towards the end of 1910, an average of more than 100 vessels had been repaired annually in its docks.
In February 1922 the shipyard was renamed ARSENAL NAVAL BUENOS AIRES and in 1927 electric welding is incorporated to the services provided by the yard to its customers.
When the state´s merchant fleet was created in 1942, the shipyard had to prepare, repair and commission the former foreign vessels purchased for this purpose.
THE RISE OF TANDANOR
In 1971, due to the growing need for state merchant fleet, TANDANOR was reformulated under its current name, and was established as a company run by the Argentina Navy and the General Port Administration under the legal system of a corporation, with most of its capital owned by the state.
In 1973 the Navy incorporates the personal and Tarena, another important state shipyard. At that time TANDANOR´s eight dams were fully occupied and the need to expand the facilities of the shipyard was pressing.
This lack of repair capacity, resulted in a considerable stinging between argentine flagged shipowners who were forced to repair outside the country, spending in foreign currency and sufferinga negative impact due to delivery times. This situation highlighted the need to enlarge the facilities. The Navy approved the project and in January 1978 the expansion planconstruction began.
A contract with ENGINEERING PEARLSON in Miami (USA) was signed. PEARLSON Director Mr. Raymond Pearlson was the inventor of the ship lift system Syncrolift. The system empowered the yard and expanded it´s capacity as ships were withdrew from the water and them transferred to any of the 6 driedock slipways for repair.
PRIVATIZATION AND NATIONALIZATION
In 1990, during the presidency of Carlos Menem, the shipyard TANDANOR was privatized, beginning a process of decline and depletion of private management that culminated in the bankruptcy order only nine years later.
In 2002, the state of insolvency was declared, whilst the active resistance of workers began the recovery of the shipyard.
In 2007, during Néstor Kirchner´s Presidency the Argentine Government nationalized the shipyard keeping 90% of the shares, represented by the Argentine Ministry of Defense and giving the remaining 10% to the workers.
In 2008 the CINAR - Argentine Industrial and Naval Complex was created - when the Ministry of Defense arranges the unification of Tandanor and the shipyard Almirante Segundo Storni (Ex-Domecq García).
2018, for that year the production had fallen considerably.
In 2019, during the Presidency of Alberto Fernández, the current Board of Directors took office driving the strengthening of the Merchant Navy and Defence industry. The Supreme Court confirmed the constitutionality of Decree 315/2007.
MINISTERIO DE DEFENSA
Presidencia de la Nación
Azopardo 250 (C1107ADB) CABA
Tel.: (+54) 4346-8800
TANDANOR S.A.C.I. y N.
Av. España 3091 (C1107AMK) CABA